As members of the Southside Cycling Club, its board and committees we will:
- Listen to all ideas and consider alternative perspectives.
- Acknowledge and respect our visitors and guests.
- “Call the question” in a meeting if the discussion becomes repetitive.
- Address any issues that arise with others one on one within three days.
- Avoid talking about an individual or specific situation during a meeting unless the discussion is relevant to the meeting.
- Challenge/criticize issues or ideas and not the person presenting the issue or idea.
- Speak for ourselves without generalizing.
- Have one conversation at a time and avoid side conversations.
- Engage in the meeting by avoiding phone calls, checking e-mails, working on laptops or other distracting activities during the meeting.
- Removal of Members. The Corporation has the authority to terminate membership, without advance warning, if the Board of Directors deems such termination to be in the best interests of the Corporation and its members. Such termination must be for just cause, and written notice shall be delivered to the member or his or her personal representative. Cause for termination includes, but is not limited to, unruly behavior, failure to cooperate, failure to pay dues, and/or failure to follow biking safety procedures.
- All members must adhere to appropriate cycling etiquette and safety practices. Helmets are mandantory for all club rides.
This code of conduct was reviewed and adopted on 08/11/2010